Waste Management Database Associate - SQL in Madhya Pradesh, India
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasingly enhanced by technology, Waste Management is undertaking a substantial technology transformation. We are seeking talented Information Technology professionals to join the Waste Management team who are motivated to help us transform the way we design, build and use technology. With your skills and experience, we look for you to combine your technical expertise with industry best practices in an effort to align information technology solutions with Waste Management business strategy.
I. Job Summary
Under supervision, designs basic logical and physical databases, and coordinates database development.
II. Duties and Responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
- Assists in analyzing, designing, creating, and implementing database applications in all environments.
- Under supervision, supports, maintains, optimizes, and monitors database applications in all environments.
- Provides assistance in planning, installing, and maintains DBMS binaries, patches and bug fixes. Assists in designing, testing, and implementing specific database structural changes.
- Under supervision, implements standard configurations and tools to enable back up operations, analyzing of objects, and cleaning of file systems and logs.
- Provides entry-level support for a high availability database infrastructure including Clustering and Database Mirroring. Coordinates with users to determine requirements.
- Helps in investigating and resolving database application problems.
- Participates in specification meetings with project team members to determine scope and limitations of projects.
- Maintains database schemas and data documentation.
- Participates in on-call rotation and provide first line after hours support as needed.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory job duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Computer Science, MIS or similar area of study or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Four years of prior work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Basic knowledge or skills in one or more of the following is required:
- Knowledge of database analysis, design, and maintenance.
- Backup and recovery experience.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery plans to ensure business continuity.
- Windows Operating Systems.
- Sharepoint or EPK application administration.
Should have a strong hands on SSRS and SSIS reporting.
Ability to adjust and adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Self motivated and multi-tasking individual that works well in a team environment.
- Experience in negotiating issues to resolution.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
Job: Information Technology
Title: Database Associate - SQL
Location: India-Madhya Pradesh-Indore
Requisition ID: 17011697