Waste Management Account Manager(Central New Hampshire) in Londonderry, New Hampshire
Equal Opportunity Employer:Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmentalservices in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operatingexcellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal marketsthroughout North America through a network of collection operations, transferstations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy productionproject.
Being number one means, WM investsin our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems andprocesses, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clientsthroughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others andseeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
Generates revenue growth byutilizing a consultative selling approach in the retention of current WasteManagement customers. Manages existing business relationships in order toachieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound retentionstrategies, utilizing strong negotiation efforts to preserve business, andsecuring contract agreements from previously non-contractedcustomers. The Account Manager will “save, secure, and convert” byhandling all customer cancellation requests, providing ongoing education ofcontract details to existing customers, and by obtaining customer contractcommitments during face-to-face interactions. All escalations forcustomer service within the defined territory will be resolved through thisposition.
II. Essential Duties andResponsibilities
To perform this job successfully, anindividual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Establishes and maintains a highlevel of customer satisfaction. This includes meeting customer retentiongoals. Communicates to and works with the Retention Manager to resolveunique customer issues.
• Reduces lost accounts by diffusingcancellation requests. Meets or exceeds sales call activity goals forproactive account retention.
• Increases revenue andprofitability by executing sound plans on retention calls to improve thecustomers’ service and/or profitability.
• Matches Waste Management serviceswith customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing andcompetition; effectively communicates pricing and service strategies;proactively engages other Waste Management business opportunities, referringinternally as appropriate.
• Effectively use Waste Managementsales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database,Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
• Acquires in‑depth industry andcompany knowledge in order to prepare complex proposals and makerecommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
• Proposes customer solutions thatare compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
• Updates and secures customerservice agreements.
• Ensures that Bucket 1, 2, and 3customers have current signed written agreements on file and the appropriateservice agreement information is entered into MAS.
The requirements listed below arerepresentative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree(accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and4-years sales experience.
Experience: 3 years of workexperience (in addition to education requirement) in a non-consumer basedindustrial sales, commercial sales, or service industry environment thatincludes successfully converting customer cancellation requests in order tomaintain revenue levels. Internal requirements include 2-years proven successin a Level 3 sales position.
This is a field-based position. Thisposition is eligible to participate in sales compensation and recognitionprograms upon successful completion of sales orientation and/or trainingprograms.
B. Other Knowledge, Skills orAbilities Required
Ability to convert customercancellation requests in order to maintain revenue levels, and/or complex negotiationsskills required. General Competencies:
Communicate With Impact
Make Sound Decisions
Know the Business
Influence and Negotiate
Use Ethical Practices
Problem solving skills
Proficient with computer andsoftware applications
IV. Work Environment
Listed below are key pointsregarding environmental demands and work environment of thejob. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this jobis: office setting and/or outside sales.
At Waste Management, each eligibleemployee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical,Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as aStock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees alsoreceive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note thatbenefits may vary by site.
Title: Account Manager(Central New Hampshire)
Location: New Hampshire-Londonderry
Requisition ID: 17011004