Waste Management Routing Analyst in Lakeville, Minnesota
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
The Routing Analyst is responsible for managing the implementation of all routing processes. Provide expertise in utilizing the route optimization software (WasteRoute) for designated locations. The Routing Analyst collaborates with Market Area and District staff to provide consistent comprehensive route management.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works together with Operations Improvement Manager to implement the WasteRoute Routing Process.
- In Coordination with the Operations Improvement Manager, plans, directs, and manages routing activities within specified time, cost, resource and quality constraints.
- Uses WasteRoute tool in collaboration with site employees to optimize routes, identify and implement route efficiencies and communicate changes to Route Managers and drivers.
- Schedules work to meet priorities and goals; manages issues and conflicts, change requests, risks, and project acceptance.
- Develops and interprets organizational goals, policies and procedures, and updates project plans as needed.
- Coordinates the data collection efforts and implements standard operating procedures for data collection required for all routing processes.
- Communicates with employees, supervisors, vendors, and customers about all aspects of WasteRoute implementation.
- Influence field personnel participation and ownership of the routing process.
- Collaborates with WasteRoute users, management, vendors, technicians, Field Service Engineers, Routing Managers, and Data Collection Managers to determine business needs and system requirements.
- Develops implementation and post-implementation performance standards, evaluating route efficiencies and fleet maintenance impacts on-going.
- Trains and coaches site employees on use of WasteRoute and in fundamental routing practices; transfers routing expertise to site employees.
- Uses appropriate software applications to perform daily work, including Kronos, PeopleSoft, AIMS, and SMART.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: No prior work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Solves Problems. Makes seasoned judgments; views issues from multiple perspectives; uses systematic, logical, objective approaches to problem analysis; uses data and facts to solve problems, weighing options carefully; digs deeply to get needed information, looking beyond symptoms to identify root cause.
- Plans and Organizes. Accurately scopes out length and difficultly of tasks and projects; set objectives and goals; breaks down work into the steps; develops schedules; determines realistic performance expectations for work assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Resolves Conflicts. Brings conflicts and disagreements into the open and attempts to resolve them collaboratively; strives for win-win compromises when faced with conflicts; ensures compromises allow disagreeing parties maintain their self-esteem; deals with performance problems before they get out of hand.
- Influences Others. Wins support for ideas; demonstrates organizational savvy and commands respect.; builds and communicates compelling rational arguments with passion and confidence; overcomes objections and skillfully manages disagreements.
- Builds and Uses Teams. Builds effective teams committed to organizational goals; fosters collaboration among team members and among teams; uses teams to address relevant business and operational issues.
- Communicates Effectively. Speaks and writes clearly in a variety of communication settings and styles; effectively communicates work assignments; gets messages across that have the desired effect; creates an atmosphere in which information flows smoothly between self and others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Builds Relationships. Relates to people in a professional, accepting manner; shows interest in others and their concerns; initiates and develops relationships with others as a key priority.
- Demonstrates Commitment. Sets challenging goals for self; makes sacrifices to benefit the organization; demonstrates a strong sense of purpose and determination; perseveres in the face of obstacles or roadblocks.
- Produces Results. Consistently meets or exceeds goals; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; persists despite obstacles and opposition; gets things done.
- Manages Change. Takes ownership of changes and initiatives adopted by the organization; is progressive and open to new ideas; encourages and rewards others to adopt changes; creates an environment that encourages openness to change.
- Demonstrates Professionalism. Shows commitment to the Company's core values and code of conduct; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches; presents the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself or the Company for personal gain; provides ethical leadership.
- Works Efficiently. Allocates own time efficiently; handles multiple demands and competing priorities; establishes priorities for own work and efficiently manages own time.
- Leads Courageously. Steps forward to address difficult issues; puts self on the line to deal with important problems; stands firm when necessary, even when taking a position unpopular with others.
- Demonstrates Adaptability. Is resilient, adaptable, and stress tolerant; effectively manages own emotions, maintaining composure even when under pressure; maintains a balanced perspective; works effectively in ambiguous situations; perseveres in the face of obstacles or roadblocks; bounces back quickly in the face of frustrations or disappointments.
- Demonstrates Organizational Savvy. Develops effective give-and-take relationships with others; understands the agendas and perspectives of others; recognizes and effectively balances the interests and needs of one's own group with those of the broader organization.
- Uses Technical Knowledge. Has and applies the technical knowledge to do the job at a high level of accomplishment; has a working knowledge of management fundamentals, including regulatory issues; demonstrates understanding of the organization's business practices and procedures.
- Uses Financial Knowledge. Establishes realistic budgets; uses financial and quantitative information effectively to manage; understands how the organization's financial processes and tools work; identifies opportunities to enhance the organization's financial position; emphasizes the need to contribute to the organization's profitability.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Routing Analyst
Requisition ID: 17015246