Waste Management Area Director - Fleet in Kirkland, Washington
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Lead, implement and monitor the maintenance processes that support operations which maximize fleet performance, while reducing operating costs and achieving budgeted profitability. Span of control: 9-35 locations, and/or multiple states, and/or 301 to 1500 assets.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Ensure safe and reliable vehicles are available to meet operational requirements.
- Manage effective utilization of vehicle assets.
- Implement cost reduction, customer and employee initiatives that drive value and support key company goals and strategic objectives.
- Implement long-term plans into day-to-day operations.
- Implement planning activities to optimize ROI through effective training and utilization of people and assets.
- Implement maintenance action plans that utilize cost drivers of the business and performance metrics to effect change.
- Implement key processes to effectively drive profitability
- Implement shop performance improvements.
- Monitor the effectiveness of relevant company programs by tracking and offering timely feedback to improve performance.
- Execute corporate strategies and policies.
- Manage maintenance managers to ensure performance and cost focus across the MSA.
- Conduct fleet evaluations to ensure maintenance standards are met.
- Ensure maintenance shops are adequately staffed and mechanics are properly trained.
- Ensure vehicle management systems are effectively utilized.
- Comply and ensure adherence to Waste Management’s Mission to Zero standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
- Assist in budget process as required.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the maintenance shops through regular inspections and preventive maintenance programs.
- Prepare and conduct all interviews for management positions and follow hiring procedures according to Waste Management hiring policies. Ensure that all current maintenance mangers are also in compliance with the WM standards in their interviewing and hiring procedures for staff positions.
- Conduct and/or attend and contribute to periodic driver/safety meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among all employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Update and submit required reports in a timely manner.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of ________ full-time employees, including:
- Indirect supervision of ________ full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Ten years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver’s license required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.” *MSJA*
Title: Area Director - Fleet
Requisition ID: 17012564