Waste Management Container Delivery Driver / Backup Route Driver in Kennewick, Washington
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.
* I. Job Summary *
The Container Delivery Driver safelyoperates out of a 1 ton flatbed truck and/or a 28’ box van with a rear liftgate and air brakesand isresponsible for loading, and transporting material containers to/from customerlocations. In addition, this role will also drive collection vehicles from time to time and cross-train on collection routes to serve as a backup driver or cover various routes as needed.
Drivers will navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high trafficroadways and may operate in tight overhead environments. Highly skilled backingmaneuvers are essential, to successfully perform this job.
* II. Essential Dutiesand Responsibilities *
To perform this job successfully, anindividual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Otherminor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements and Company expectations for the Fleet.
- Maintain a clean and safe vehicle.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report); notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Route Manager or Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Route Manager.
- Design the routing each morning for delivery, removal, swap, and repairs based on service tickets.
- Manually (by hand) load clean residential plastic carts / containers (35/64/96 gallon) on to the truck.
- Deliver new clean carts.
- Recover full and/or dirty carts.
- Repair lids, wheels, axels, bodies.
- Maintain inventory count for carts in supply.
- Manually unload dirty recovered carts at end of route.
- Complete route and tickets as designed.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch or Route Manager of issues as prescribed by Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route.
- Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completes and submits customer tickets when excess yardage must be removed.
- Positions containers on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced, containers are set in an upright position, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
* III. SupervisoryResponsibilities *
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualificationsnecessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma / GED.
Experience: Six months previous driving experience preferred.
B. Certificates, Licenses,Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills orAbilities Required
Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
* V. WorkEnvironment *
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and workenvironment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 75 pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from siteto site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive totalcompensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance andShort Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K,and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and PersonalDays. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, pleaseclick "Apply.”
Title: Container Delivery Driver / Backup Route Driver
Requisition ID: 17011043