Waste Management Recycling Operations Supervisor - 2nd Shift in Kansas City, Kansas
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Supervises daily operations in order to improve production, maintain costs, and ensure safety in the recycling plant. You will need to have good supervisory and performance management experience, preferably in a labor rich environment where safety is the key factor every day. This is a very collaborative team environment in a dusty, noisy, and hot/cold workplace. You will split between the plant and office work..
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Manages daily (plant) operations and maintains inventory for safety and operation supplies.
- Reviews and evaluates work to ensure quality, timeliness and ensures quality control in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Manages (plant) logistics and materials; supervises daily production; enters finished goods into inventory; orders supplies as needed.
- Supervises production staff and coordinates workflow and assignments toward the achievement of operational goals.
- Oversees operations personnel needs including coaching, training, and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Investigates, reviews and controls implementation of safety regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Creates and submits weekly and month end reports to senior management.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of _________ full-time employees including: office managers, sorters, operators, drivers, laborers.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: 4 years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Equipment operating, shipping and receiving, health and safety, and supervisory experience may be required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is MRF/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Recycling Operations Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Location: Kansas-Kansas City
Requisition ID: 17010859