Waste Management Business Solutions Manager (Technical) in Houston, Texas
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Our ideal candidate would also possess Project Management Experience - PMP Certification Preferred, Lean Six Sigma Experience - Green Belt or higher and Analyst Experience that includes the ability to analyze data and present that data.
This role is located in Houston, Texas and reports to the Director of Supply Chain.
I. Job Summary
The Business Solutions Manager is recognized across the organization for business expertise and sought as a resource for resolution of unique or complex business problem and the development of solutions for new business opportunities. Provides the highest level of business expertise while conducting highly complex business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefit analyses in an effort to align business solutions with the company strategy and initiatives. This position requires a strong change agent with the ability to influence others across the Company to adopt newly re-engineered processes into Waste Management (WM) business units.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the assigned essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and duties may vary by department.
- Acts as execution arm of transformation to design, prototype, refine and scale core enterprise programs and ultimately transition them back to our “steady state” organization as institutionalized business solutions.
- Works with senior management, various board and steering committees, functional leaders and individual team leaders by contributing strategic vision and integrating a broad range of ideas regarding business solutions development.
- Coordinates and integrates multiple enterprise solutions projects with a large scope and complexity in an environment for business change.
- Works at the top business contributor level of business and/or process systems analysis while considering the business implications to the current and future business environment.
- Responsible for deliverables, cost, schedule and quality of one or more enterprise solutions projects.
- Plans projects, allocates and directs staff and other resources to accomplish project tasks and maintain control over the project(s).
- Works with internal and external customers, suppliers and other partners to resolve problems, respond to suggestions for improvement and enhancements, test, refine and institutionalize solutions.
- Drives the project(s) and the organization toward achieving business results.
- Identifies and ensures continuous development, improvement and implementation of WM key business processes
- Focuses on consistency and quality in the implementation of process improvements and is involved in the post-implementation verification.
- Participates in the development of training/coaching programs and the implementation of coaching processes.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
Directly supervises Business Solutions Analysts on a project basis. Indirectly supervises contractors and vendors.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Seven years of relevant work experience preparing and managing budgets (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities That Contribute to Success
- Must be able to travel regularly.
- Effective communicator with the ability to lead and influence others.
- Aligning Performance for Success – Focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Building Partnerships – Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Building Trust – Interacting with others in a way that give them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Coaching and Developing Others – Providing feedback, instruction and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Decision Making – Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Facilitating Change – Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- High-Impact Communication – Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions.
- Planning and Organizing – Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Strategic Decision Making – Obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; committing to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Information Technology
Title: Business Solutions Manager (Technical)
Requisition ID: 17011836