Waste Management India App Support Eng II in Haryana, India
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Under minimal supervision, configures and installs complex software for IT users’ desktops and mobile devices. Provides advanced technical support for software and hardware of end-user computing. Provides advanced troubleshooting to readily identify complex or ambiguous problems and/or technical issues and escalates/delegates to appropriate staff for resolution.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
- Processes complex help desk tickets passed on from ITSC. Provides complex functional support of applications, isolates issues and distributes ticket to the appropriate team for resolution.
- Isolates difficult or ambiguous issues by reproducing the incident, identifying invalid data within the database, and/or tracing transactions through infrastructure to identify failure point.
- Provides data mining, writing specifications for development fixes and configuration of hardware and software.
- Creates DB scripts to correct invalid data within the database.
- Leads in resolving tickets passed on to any Tier 3 support group, working with external vendors as needed.
- Creates and updates Support and User Guides.
- Delivers advanced post-development support (including client installations).
- Provides management ticket reports, Pareto Report, and various others.
- Contributes in creation and modification of complicated system or application monitors.
- Leads Technical Support business initiatives in accordance with Senior Leadership.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
May coach or mentor less-experienced personnel and act as the team leader on systems projects.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar area of study.
- Experience: Five years of previous experience required. An additional four years of related experience may substitute for the Bachelor’s degree.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Preferred: Help Desk Certification, A
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Advanced knowledge or skills in one or more of the following is required:
- SQL queries and scripting.
- Document user, support and maintenance procedures.
- Document standardized communications to users and management.
- Customer service skills including conflict resolution.
- Effectively communicate with staff, management, end users, and other customers.
- Ability to conceptualize end user steps and processes to readily identify the issue/problem.
- Troubleshooting PC problems and issues.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Trains less experienced end users and staff in resolving more complicated PC technical issues and processes.
- General knowledge of PC systems, hardware and software.
- Knowledge of Software functionality.
- Remedy Action Request System (Help Desk System).
- Hardware and software support of on board computing systems.
- Knowledge of PC remote access functions and usage.
D. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities that Contribute to Success
- May require advanced skills in one or more of the following:
- Various databases, applications, and technologies.
- Knowledge of Unix and Windows operating system.
- Performance tuning for database.
- Should have Production Support exp.
- Should have hands on Remedy or other change management tool exp.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Information Technology
Title: India App Support Eng II
Requisition ID: 17010379