Waste Management Civil/Environmental Engineer in Greencastle, Pennsylvania
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Waste Management is looking for a Civil/Environmental Engineer to perform advanced engineering techniques and procedures at our 2 landfill facilities located in Greencastle, PA and Frostburg, MD
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Determines theoretical principles involved and approach to be taken using judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and adaptations of standard techniques, procedures and criteria in order to design equipment, systems and/or structures which will allow the company to meet program requirements.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work. Writes or directs others to write technical reports to document engineering analysis and findings.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a total program or project. Performs work which includes complex features such as resolution or conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials and difficult coordination requirements.
- Conducts detailed feasibility studies for proposed equipment and systems. Reviews design and development plans; reviews cost estimates for completing the proposed projects and evaluates engineering proposals and specifications.
- Acts as a liaison with customer and vendor representatives to ensure adherence to design specification and customer requirements.
- Conducts on-site technical visits. Monitors field installation and testing. Reviews and evaluates operational efficiency of equipment and systems at various facilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (accredited) in Engineering, or similar area of study.
- Experience: 5 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Engineering/Environmental Protection
Title: Civil/Environmental Engineer
Requisition ID: 17014607