Waste Management Area Mgr., M&I Sales in Germantown, Wisconsin
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Leads sales and strategic efforts for the Manufacturing and Industrial (M&I) sales segment within a Market Area. Ensures account retention and profitable revenue growth through proactive planning, direction, and management of a team of M&I Sales Account Managers. Proactively lead Area initiatives to identify customer needs, growth opportunities and new service offerings.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Ensures account retention and profitable revenue growth through proactive planning, direction, and management of a team of M&I Sales Account Managers
- Identifies prospects and approaches potential major accounts and grows existing accounts. Meets or exceeds sales goals as determined by the Area Vice President.
- Continually analyzes market forces and personnel dynamics while maintaining customer satisfaction and growth without sacrificing company profitability.
- Promotes the full line of Waste Management services including hazardous waste, industrial waste, municipal solid waste, C&D waste, transportation services, and on-site services including IPS.
- Maintains the delicate balance of achieving assigned revenue goals while adhering to the assigned cost budget for personnel, T&E expenses, and commission/bonus costs.
- Defines and implements programs to drive prospecting for base business, event sales and retention of existing customers.
- Develops a strong customer base within the appropriate geographical area, and calls on prospective customers. Initiates telephone communications and makes sales presentations.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through direct communication and solicitation of feedback.
- Leads, trains, monitors and motivates the Area M&I Sales team to increase revenue.
- Monitors, tracks, and reports all sales activity. Accurately forecasts monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue streams.
- Maintains awareness of competition and trends affecting the industry.
- Develops solid team of sales performers, through hands-on recruiting, hiring, and training.
- Develops proposal strategy and manages proposal development as appropriate. III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of managerial employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of ________ full-time employees, including:
- Indirect supervision of ________ full-time employees. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Science or related field, and six (6) years’ previous experience in the hazardous waste industry and at least three (3) years supervisory experience managing sales teams.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds part of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Area Mgr., M&I Sales
Requisition ID: 17011392