Waste Management Manager of Operations and Improvement I - Charlotte, NC in Gastonia, North Carolina
EqualOpportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), aFortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste andenvironmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to afoundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financialstrength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential,commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through anetwork of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recyclingfacilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Manages and coordinatesimplementation, execution and performance management of; productivity &profitability analysis, labor management, standard operating processes, bestpractices, routing and mapping in Market Areas generating revenues less than$400 million. Collaborates with various functional and LOB Managers toevaluate and coordinate continuous improvement objectives.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Partners with Managers to analyze Productivity performance, develop and implement continuous improvement plans.
- Promotes MA, BU, Site, LOB and Driver benchmarks, assisting Managers in labor management planning (LMT).
- Coordinates and coaches Operating Standards Guidelines (OSG) processes.
- Partners with others (Pricing, Sales etc.) to analyze route & customer profitability, coordinating appropriate corrective actions.
- Introduces and coaches fundamentals of Business Improvement Program (BIP), evaluating current operating processes and assisting with priority process improvements.
- Validates budget planning information; analyzing year-to-date data versus prior year and budget.
- Reviews routing with Route Managers and/or Route Auditors, proactively flexing labor with anticipated /- volume fluctuations.
- Supports Standard Operating Procedures for data collection, routing, and dispatching processes.
- Collaborates with system users and management to assist SAP transition; acts as a local “super-user” regarding aspects of system post-deployment.
- Works directly with local management to ensure periodic route reviews, optimizing routes, identifying route reductions with /- volume, re-routes and communicating changes and benchmarks to Route Managers, Route Auditors and drivers.
- All other duties as assigned.
The highest level ofsupervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisoryemployees.
The requirements listedbelow are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education andExperience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: Four years of relevant work experience, including at least three years as an Industrial Engineer/Project Manager in a logistics environment and/or three years in Operations or District management or related industry (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates,Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge,Skills or Abilities Required
- Industry operating experience
- Strong communication, coaching & motivation skills
- Ability to drive process culture change
- Ability to act independently and evaluate people, processes and performance management objectively and continuously
- Computer and associated software literacy
- Familiarity with IT logistic systems
- Strong analytical skills
Listed below are keypoints regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for thisjob is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management,each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation packageincluding Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short TermDisability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K,and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, andPersonal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like theopportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Manager of Operations and Improvement I - Charlotte, NC
Location: North Carolina-Gastonia
Requisition ID: 17011546