Waste Management Supervisor - Outside Sales(Gaithersburg, MD) in Gaithersburg, Maryland
Equal OpportunityEmployer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmentalservices in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation ofoperating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipalmarkets throughout North America through a network of collection operations,transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energyproduction projects.
Being number one means WM invests inour Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems andprocesses, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business.Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clientsthroughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others andseeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
Generates and retains profitablerevenue by supervising a team of salespeople including outside salesrepresentatives, territory managers and account managers. Supervisesother types of salespeople as directed by senior sales management.
II. Essential Duties andResponsibilities
To perform this job successfully, anindividual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Supervises sales work, processes and procedures while managing expenses.
- Supports programs which drive team performance toward departmental and organizational goals.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. Communicates to and works with Area management to resolve escalated or unique prospective customer issues.
- Maintains an ongoing training, coaching and mentoring program in order to develop the skills of the assigned sales team.
- Supervises activities of the assigned sales people and ensures that team members meet or exceed sales call activity, sales pipeline growth, new sales revenue and retention goals.
- Effectively, maintains and ensures the use of Waste Management sales tools (i.e. Prospect Management, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, Salesforce.Com etc.). Ensures entire sales team is well trained in the use of these tools.
- Provides industry knowledge and interpretation to salespeople and customers.
- Oversees personnel needs including coaching, training, and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skillsrequired in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. Thisincludes:
- Direct supervision of __ full-time employees
The requirements listed below arerepresentative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 3-years business-to-business sales and 1 to 2 years in direct business-to-business sales and account management, business-to-business cold calling, and phone based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments (in addition to education requirement).
This position is eligible toparticipate in sales compensation and recognition programs upon successfulcompletion of training prerequisites and Area management approval.
B. Certificates, Licenses,Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or AbilitiesRequired
- Candidates must be able to: build relationships, communicate with impact, demonstrate adaptability, think analytically, demonstrate integrity and courage, demonstrate professionalism, demonstrate leadership/coaching, initiate action, produce results, think strategically, focus on customers, gain commitment, influence and negotiate, leverage diversity, manage work/time, plan and organize, and use ethical practices.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regardingenvironmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities toperform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this jobis: office setting and/or outside sales.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive totalcompensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance andShort Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K,and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and PersonalDays. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, pleaseclick "Apply.”
Title: Supervisor - Outside Sales(Gaithersburg, MD)
Requisition ID: 17011713