Waste Management Upstate NY & NE area Sr District Fleet Managers - multiple sites throughout our market areas in Foxborough, Massachusetts
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
* we curently have openings throughout our UNY/NE Market area
I. Job Summary
Manages the full fleet of primary and secondaryequipment within the assigned area, in alignment with corporateobjectives.Span of Control: 2 – 4 locations and /or 50 to 99 assets.
II. Essential Dutiesand Responsibilitiesincludethe following. To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily.Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Continually focuses on achieving market base profitability through effective management of all fleet and maintenance activities within the assigned area, including cost control, employee development, and high training and safety standards.
- Reviews capital equipment requisitions in line with Corporate guidelines and objectives.
- Ensures safe and reliable vehicles are available to meet operational requirements.
- Manages effective utilization of vehicle assets.
- Conducts fleet evaluations to ensure maintenance standards are met.
- Ensures maintenance shops are adequately staffed and mechanics are properly trained.
- Ensures vehicle management systems are effectively utilized.
- Complies with and ensures adherence to Waste Management’s Mission to Zero standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Meets all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
- Assists in budget process as required.
- Ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the maintenance shops through regular inspections and preventive maintenance programs.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Conducts and/or attends and contributes to periodic driver/safety meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among all employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Provides training and presentations as needed in a positive and professional manner.
- Updates and submits required reports in a timely manner.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required inthis job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
Direct supervision of ________ full-time employees, including:
Indirect supervision of ________ full-time employees.
The requirements listed below arerepresentative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience,and five to seven years previous experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Valid driver’s licenserequired.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regardingenvironmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities toperform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc)most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 poundsrarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc)rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elementsoccasionally;
- Normal setting for this job is:office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Upstate NY & NE area Sr District Fleet Managers - multiple sites throughout our market areas
Requisition ID: 17013775