Waste Management Inside Account Manager in Foxborough, Massachusetts
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
The Inside Account Manager is responsible for proactive maintenance and revenue growth of current Waste Management customers within a book of business, ensuring that all assigned customers have signed service agreements, in initial term and on file.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all essential duties confidently. Additional minor duties may be assigned as needed.
- Increase account penetration with strategic product sales
- Communicate proactively with all customers quarterly, to strengthen and expand relationships
- Persuade current customers to sign written agreements by providing ongoing education of contract details and use of strong negotiation skills
- Update and renew customer service agreements
- Resolve service escalations within the defined territory
- Generate revenue growth by utilizing consultative selling skills in conjunction with value propositions
- Communicate rates, fees and service strategies with conviction
- Understand and use customer incentives and concessions within appropriate profit targets and level of authority
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Communicate and collaborate with the Inside Sales Manager to resolve customer issues
- Align Waste Management products and services with customer needs
- Engage additional Waste Management business opportunities - referring internally as appropriate
- Use Waste Management sales productivity software tools accurately and consistently (i.e. Customer Relationship Management and Pricing Tools)
- Propose customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job requires no supervisory duties
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: Three years of relevant work experience in non-consumer based industry sales (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Successful relationship building - external and internal
- Confident and professional communications
- Sound decision making
- Strategic thinking
- Computer hardware and software proficiency
- Consistent goal and target attainment
- Strong problem resolution
- Complete product and service knowledge
- Time management
- Professional and ethical behavior
V. Work Environment
Listed below are the key environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Inside Account Manager
Requisition ID: 17011016