Waste Management Functional Sales Manager - Customer Retention and Growth in Foxborough, Massachusetts
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management is a $16B Fortune 200 Company, theleading provider of environmental services in North America. As a Functionalsales manager for WM, you will be responsible for leading a Southern NewEngland-based sales team of 10 - 12 highly skilled, motivated AccountManagers. The right candidate is a results-driven, experienced sales leaderwith ability to inspire veteran sales professionals as well as coach and mentornovice sales reps to fulfill their potential and exceedrevenue growth targets.
This FSM position reports directly to the Area SalesDirector of New England and Upstate New York and will collaborate withaccomplished leaders throughout this market area. The FSM possesses strongbusiness acumen and develops strategies to grow and retain profitablebusiness within their territory. This individual works closely with thesales team on complex customer and prospect opportunities to aid their reps insuccessfully renewing current contracts and closing new business deals.
Ultimately, the FSM is responsible for execution ofkey strategies and initiatives to deliver strong net new revenue forthe company.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and reinforces the corporate sales strategy and design with Outside Account Managers(AM) and Major Account Managers(MAM).
- Analyzes sales metrics to determine sales rep behavior and/or selling trends and implements course adjustments as necessary.
- Supervises AM and MAM activities and ensures team members meet or exceed sales call activity, sales pipeline growth, and new sales revenue.
- Demonstrates outstanding management and customer service skills to motivate sales team members.
- Maintains an ongoing training, coaching and mentoring program in order to develop skills of AMs and MAMs.
- Effectively manages, maintains and ensures use of Waste Management sales tools (i.e. Salesforce.com, Prospect Management, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.). Ensures entire Outside Sales Team is well trained in the use of these tools.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. Communicates to and works with Market Area Management to resolve unique prospective customer issues.
- Provides expert industry knowledge and interpretation to sales team and customers.
- Assists in the communication and maintenance of the Market Area’s pricing and service strategies.
- Interviews and selects qualified candidates for AM and MAM positions.
The highest level ofsupervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisoryemployees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 10 to 12 full-time employees; including outside Account Managers and Major Account Managers.
The requirements listedbelow are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 3 years of work experience (in addition to education requirement) with direct supervisory responsibilities of 4 sales representatives in direct business-to-business sales, business-to-business cold calling, and phone based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments. Internal requirements include 3-years proven success in a Level 4-6 sales position.
This is a managementposition. Placement into or advancement to this position is dependent uponindividual performance, local market conditions and/or district's requirements.This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation and recognitionprograms upon successful completion of training prerequisites and Market Areamanagement approval.
Certificates, Licenses,Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
Other Knowledge, Skillsor Abilities Required
- Candidates must be able to: demonstrate leadership/coaching, build relationships, communicate with impact, demonstrate adaptability, think analytically, demonstrate integrity and courage, demonstrate professionalism, initiate action, produce results, think strategically, focus on customers, gain commitment, influence and negotiate, leverage diversity, manage work/time, plan and organize, and use ethical practices.
Listed below are keypoints regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities toperform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is: combined office setting and field-based outside sales management (approx. 40% of time in office setting / 60% of time in outside sales setting)
- Local travel required to coach sales reps in outside sales positions and/or attend customer visits with sales reps
At Waste Management,each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation packageincluding Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability aswell as a generous Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more. Ouremployees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and PersonalDays. Please note benefits may vary by site.
About Waste Management
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is theleading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in NorthAmerica. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence,professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 millioncustomers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal marketsthroughout North America through a network of collection operations, transferstations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy productionprojects.
Working for Waste Management, you will be working for a companyrecognized by Selling Power as a Top 50Best Company to sell for . Waste Management has also been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by theEthisphere Institute, and hasearned awards for sevenconsecutive years with dedication to ethical business practices andsustainability
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams’success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes,industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Ourexceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clientsthroughout North America.
If you are passionate about helping others succeed and youare seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
Title: Functional Sales Manager - Customer Retention and Growth
Requisition ID: 17016603