Waste Management Customer Service Rep - Inside Sales Start Date 11/6/17 in Foxborough, Massachusetts
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Grow your career! Grow your network! Grow with Waste Management! If you bring the passion for customer service and a knack for influencing others, we will give you a fun and engaging work environment, a great compensation and benefits package with sales incentives, and opportunities to grow with our organization. Waste Management is looking for Inbound Sales and Service Representatives like you to provide world-class customer service and generate sales by offering valuable products and services to our customers. What are you waiting for apply today?
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
I. Job Summary
The Inside Commercial Representative position receives and processes calls from Commercial customers and serves as the end-to-end point of contact for these customers. The Inside Commercial Representative (hereinafter, ICR) is responsible for closing new customer sales utilizing a consultative selling approach. They are responsible for maintaining current customers by utilizing creative problem solving and negotiation skills to resolve customer issues. Additionally, they handle service requests and changes and act as the customer's focal point to maintain strong customer relationships. The ICR, is expected to collaborate with their team of Inside Commercial Representatives to meet overall call center objectives and enhance the customer service experience while working to exceed all customers' expectations.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Through needs based, consultative selling, presents WM products and services that will benefit the customer by meeting customer needs.
- Offer, quote, and close prospective customer sales using knowledge of Waste Management products and services.
- Cross-sells new products and services to existing customers by educating customers on WM environmental solutions.
- Work with appropriate inside and outside sales representatives and Sales Manager for follow up on larger and more complex accounts.
- Meets or exceeds sales objectives such as offering, quoting, closing and revenue generation.
- Meets or exceed, service and operational goals established for the call center, including quality and productivity.
- Fields single or multiple-market customer service inquiries and transactions of a mid to high level of complexity from commercial and industrial customers independently and proficiently:
- Communicates concise and accurate information.
- Establishes customer accounts by negotiating and documenting service type, pricing, billing, and other required information.
- Confirms understanding of customer needs, issues, and requests.
- Serves as the customer's advocate by solving problems on the customer's behalf by engaging the right department and people within Waste Management.
- Supports additional service lines as required. Handles multiple Market Area customer service inquiries and transactions proficiently.
- Uses authorized system to gather information, provide information, and/or update customer records.
- Provides standard and sometimes more advanced information and customer education regarding service options, charges, billing, and contracts.
- Effectively uses Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e., Pricing Tools, AMP, Record Setter, Proposal master, EPLM, etc.).
- Adheres to service and operational standards established for the call center, including quality, productivity and Service Machine.
- Completes cross training with Operations, Sales and Billing.
Performs outbound calling campaigns:
Initiates calls to customers to ensure that issues are resolved, to ensure customer satisfaction, to survey service satisfaction and follow-up on customer focus cards.
- Communicates and coordinates with sales and operations departments to ensure follow-up on sales leads, set-ups, missed pick-ups, and other customer-related issues.
- Update and secure customer service agreements.
- Attempts to retain customers who call to cancel services by probing for cancellation reasons and offering alternatives.
- This includes meeting customer retention goals. Communicate to and work with the account Managers and Sales Manager to resolve unique customer issues/concerns.
- Reduce lost accounts by diffusing cancellation requests.
- As required by management, maintains and produces reports as requested.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no direct supervisory duties, however may act as a Lead ICR as required by management. This may include training, coaching and providing feedback to ICRs/CSRs in addition to assisting with non-routine and escalated customer calls. This position does not have hiring/ firing or employee disciplinary authority.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: Two years of relevant work experience in a customer service or call center environment handling customer requests, sales, account or order changes and issues (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Strong keyboarding skills.
- Professional phone etiquette.
- Ability to handle the stress of multi-tasking as well as ability to 'talk and type'.
- Possesses an energetic and tenacious achievement orientation.
- Ability to utilize multiple software applications (4 ) on one or more phone screens.
- Ability to react well under pressure and treat others with respect.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Good time management skills to prioritize and plan work activities.
- Focuses on solving conflicts and listening to others without interrupting.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Work efficiently and effectively, both independently and as a team to ensure exceeding call center's standards.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities and helps build a positive team spirit.
- Adapts and able to deal with frequent changes in the work environment.
- Able to manage difficult or emotional customer situations and respond promptly to service requests to meet customer commitments.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to meet productivity standards in a timely manner.
- Show inquisitiveness and eagerness to gain sales or business related knowledge; proactively seeks out both formal and informal experiences that can provide new skills, behaviors and/or knowledge.
- Experience using a CRM system
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Customer Support/Client Service Support
Title: Customer Service Rep - Inside Sales Start Date 11/6/17
Requisition ID: 17014349