Waste Management Logistics Rep in Englewood, Colorado
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Ensures delivery of excellent customer service through accurate and fast processing of orders. Provides logistics support for domestic and international movement of recycled materials. Communicates and coordinates with other departments and partners in order to fulfill customers’ needs. First point of customer contact for general inquiries. Builds and maintains business relationship with clients and suppliers by providing prompt and accurate service.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicate with customers to monitor inventories and anticipate their production needs and to schedule all necessary equipment to move waste by-products.
- Arrange and negotiate third-party freight costs, when needed, for timely servicing of all customers waste by-product pick-ups by using WM approved carriers.
- Monitor and maintain shipment status via computer system.
- Respond to customer complaints in a timely manner. Investigate and solve issues with shipments for both vendors and customers.
- Initiate calls to customers to set up deliveries, advise shipment delays and/or information necessary to set up deliveries. Initiate traces with carriers and railroads for proof of deliveries when needed.
- Review pricing with the Sales and Marketing groups.
- Develop interactive relationships with vendors, customers and outside freight carriers.
- Responsible for all necessary documentation for all shipments, which can include export documentation to overseas mills.
- Initiate calls to customers to ensure timely and accurate invoicing. Record and prepare vendor payments in accordance with contracted terms. Ensure proper billing of freight and special charges. Issue debits and credits as necessary.
- Resolve downgrades and rejects of waste material by dealing directly with the customer and the vendor. Gather and process the cost information by negotiating pricing with the customer and/or vendor to minimize the overall impact to the company and customer, with approval by account manager.
- Work with other supervisors/managers to coordinate services and keep them informed as issues arise.
- Project a knowledgeable, enthusiastic, positive attitude that encourages customer and employee confidence and reflects the professional image desired by WMRA.
- Attend and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees and promote maximum morale, productivity and efficiency.
- Provide timely feedback to direct supervisor regarding service failures, customer complaints or any other matters regarding his/her attention.
- Provide timely and accurate information to incoming customer order status and product knowledge requests.
- Works to meet or exceed service and operational goals established for the call center, including productivity, quality, and timeliness goals.
- Collaborate with sales representatives to meet and exceed customers’ service expectations, and develop solutions to ensure smooth material movement.
- Perform other special projects and tasks as assigned.
- May provide direction or support to less experienced Customer Service Representatives.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: Two years of relevant work experience in a customer service role.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Experience with Microsoft Office; basic Excel required.
- Work experience that required the use of a computer.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Customer Support/Client Service Support
Title: Logistics Rep
Requisition ID: 17010280