Waste Management Energy Services Driver (Hydro-Vac) $2,000 Sign on Bonus Hiring Event 7/25/17 in Elizabeth, Pennsylvania
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Waste Management Energy Services offers a variety of oilfield related services throughout the U.S. shale plays. WM Energy Services excels in providing a safe work environment and the top-notch customer service our clients expect. Start your career with a company that has the resources and reputation to provide its employees with growth opportunity and a stable career. We are immediately seeking professionals who have experience working in the oil and gas industry, are safety focused, and customer-oriented. Join WM Energy Services and be a part North America’s leading environmental solutions team by applying today!
I. Job Summary
The Hydro Vacuum Operator (Operator) safely operates a heavy-duty Hydro Vac truck and is responsible for trenching, potholing, tank cleaning etc. Operator will navigate truck and equipment in rural, off highway, high traffic roadways and oil field environments.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA)and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
- While completing Hydro-Vac projects, the Operator will supervise activities of Hydro-Vac Swampers (Swamper) assigned to assist with tasks. Operators will provide leadership and task delegation to the Swamper through coaching and mentoring to ensure employee skill development.
- Set up and inspect grounding and/or bonding procedures for Hydro-Vac operation.
- Complete all required paperwork properly and within set time lines.
- Ensure all Hydro-Vac truck equipment and components are in good working condition at all times. Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report), follow company policies and procedures for routine maintenance, perform general housekeeping to ensure units are operating properly. Report any inefficiency to Supervisor.
- Follow WM policies and procedures while working. Ensure Hydro-Vac Swampers maintain standards and procedures.
- Maintain and use appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or Manager.
- Works closely with Managers to improve efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Any other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: One year of prior work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License with an airbrake and tanker endorsement.
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- Ability to read road maps and /or navigate by written direction.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Energy Services
Title: Energy Services Driver (Hydro-Vac) $2,000 Sign on Bonus Hiring Event 7/25/17
Requisition ID: 17011533