Waste Management Sr. Heavy Truck Mechanic in Davidsville, Pennsylvania
Equal Opportunity Employer:Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
When it comes to your nextcareer move, what are the things that you are looking for? Would you say lowcost benefits? A work environment that encourages safety first? Or how about additionalpay?
I hate to tell our secrets, butWaste Management has all the tools to progress in your Mechanical Career. Weoffer Quarterly Bonuses, Tool Allowance, Boot Allowance and much more! So, donot hesitate, submit your application today.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leadingprovider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. Weare strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalismand financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential,commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through anetwork of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recyclingfacilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Waste Management of Johnstown is looking for a DieselMechanic with solid technical practices in the repair of diesel heavy trucksand engines, overall diagnostic knowledge and willingness to learn the businessand support the maintenance shop. A Diesel Mechanic performs inspection,diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and airsystems on vehicles and equipment. Has heavy-duty diesel knowledge and anability to assist in supporting the Supervisor and District Fleet Manager onthe 2ndshift. Performs preventive maintenance inspection(PMI); troubleshoots, repairs, and rebuilds major components on vehicles andequipment. Ensures accurate diagnosis and effective repair and/orreplacement of components.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior technicians in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
* III. Supervisory Responsibilities *
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualificationsnecessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
Experience: Two year(s) of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or OtherRequirements
Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- If a CDL is a requirement for a specific posting, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review. None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
* V. Work Environment *
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and workenvironment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive totalcompensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance andShort Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K,and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, pleaseclick "Apply.”
Title: Sr. Heavy Truck Mechanic
Requisition ID: 17011160