Waste Management CORe Facility Mgr in Charlestown, Massachusetts
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Responsible for day-to-day operations of aninnovative food waste recycling and co-digestion project. Duties include project and facility management,staff hiring and training, daily operations management, maintenance, qualitycontrol, subcontract transportation oversight. This position also requires contract administration and interface with wastewatertreatment plant(s) (WWTPs) receiving Engineered BioSlurry (EBS). This position alsoensures full regulatory compliance, prepares reports, assists in sales efforts,and hosts tours and visits. Finally,this position, plays a major role in developing best practices and makingrecommendations for improvements for this and future WM CORe ® andco-digestion projects.
II. Essential Dutiesand Responsibilities includethe following. To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with Facility Construction Management.
- Assists with Facility commissioning, start-up and Training.
- Hires, trains and supervises assigned operations CORe ® staff, including coaching, mentoring, and regular performance reviews.
- Responsible for oversight and management of operations, including organic material receipt, organics processing, product quality control and production oversight, product storage, transport, and delivery.
- Ensures smooth operation of receiving facilities at participating WWTPs.
- Administers and ensure conformance to contracts with participating WWTPs
- Assists with inbound sales for complementary liquids and other organic waste streams, including assessing compatibility with final EBS quality standards.
- Coordinates and conducts visits to SSO customers and potential customers, to support sales and ensure compliance with acceptable inbound material criteria.
- Manages QA/QC program, including internal and external sampling and testing, for EBS TM products in accordance with off-take contracts.
- Regularly proposes means of operational improvement.
- Assists GMA staff as a liaison with the community and regulatory agencies
- Complies with and ensures adherence to Waste Management’s safety standards.
- Manages all project operations to a budget. Develops annual budgets, and provide regular analysis of data versus year-to-date data and prior year budget.
- Ensures cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property of all facilities through inspections and preventive maintenance.
- Provides tours, training and presentations as needed in a positive and professional manner.
- Assists in the development of best practices, operations improvements and research activities for this project and future CORe ® and co-digestion projects.
- Assists in cross-training of staff for other CORe ® projects.
- Oversees maintenance of all processing equipment. Reviews annual maintenance plan, schedules major repairs \ maintenance shutdowns, and updates operational and maintenance practices.
- Oversees Health and Safety management at the site.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required inthis job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of up to four full-time employees:
The requirements listed below arerepresentative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education : Associate’s Degree (accredited) in Engineering,Environmental Management, or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, HighSchool Diploma or GED (accredited) and 2years of relevant work experience.
Experience : 3 years previous experience in Facility Operations(in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates,Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Required: WastewaterOperators license, or sufficient demonstrated experience in wastewateroperations and maintenance, or similar manufacturing operations.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Positionwill require developing a thorough understanding of CORe TM process,maintenance of the CORe TM systems, production of EBS, managing EBSproduct quality, general knowledge of waste water treatment and anaerobicdigestion, product sampling, and laboratory analysis. Experience with HeavyEquipment Operation and PLC based SCADA control system.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regardingenvironmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities toperform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day ;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds yes ;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) yes ;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements yes ;
- Normal setting for this job is: Food Waste Processing Facility.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: CORe Facility Mgr
Requisition ID: 17012186