Waste Management Container / Utility Maintenance Backup non-CDL Container Delivery Driver in Bremerton, Washington
Equal Opportunity Employer:Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmentalservices in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation ofoperating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipalmarkets throughout North America through a network of collection operations,transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energyproduction projects.
Join our Waste Management team, theindustry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Managementhas the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, andleads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehiclesin North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia,and Canada.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in thenation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard anddrive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the keyin making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded withcompetitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home atnight and on the weekends.
I. Job Summary
This person will be responsible for general labor and utility work around the hauling site and technician shop as well as serving as abackup container deliverydriver for the Bremerton / Port Orchard area.
Responsibilities for labor / utility work will include,but not limited to; washes, repairs and/or performs limited painting duties inan effort to clean, cover and/or protect interior or exterior surfaces ofcontainers. Performs minor repairs, suchas axle repair/replacement, on assigned containers. Responsible for the movement of containerswithin the yard, the loading and unloading of new and used containers, andmonitoring the container inventory.
Responsibilities for container delivery work willinclude, but not limited to; safely operating a 28’ box van with a rear liftgate, loading, and transporting material containers to/from customer locations.Drivers will navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and mayoperate in tight overhead environments. Highly skilled backing maneuvers areessential, to successfully perform this job.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must beable to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Reads work order or receives instructions from supervisor regarding minor painting and/or completing minor repairs on assigned containers.
- Performs minor container repairs, such as axle repair/replacement.
- Washes container interior or exteriors as needed.
- Moves containers in the yard.
- Loads and unloads both new and used containers from trucks.
- Performs minor painting duties.
- Responsible for monitoring the site’s container inventory.
- Performs general duties and responsibilities as required.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements and Company expectations for the Fleet.
- Maintain a clean and safe vehicle.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report); notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Route Manager or Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Route Manager.
- Design the routing each morning for delivery, removal, swap, and repairs based on service tickets.
Manually (by hand) load clean residential plastic carts / containers (35/64/96 gallon) on to the truck.
Deliver new clean carts.
- Recover full and/or dirty carts.
Repair lids, wheels, axels, bodies.
Maintain inventory count for carts in supply.
- Manually unload dirty recovered carts at end of route.
- Complete route and tickets as designed.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch or Route Manager of issues as prescribed by Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route.
- Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completes and submits customer tickets when excess yardage must be removed.
- Positions containers on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced, containers are set in an upright position, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualificationsnecessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required
- Experience:Six months previous driving experience preferred.
B. Certificates,Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Hold a current Drivers’ License.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- Complete classroom training and demonstrate safe crane operation. (Some states may require certification)
C. Other Knowledge,Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and workenvironment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 75 pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting to 100 pounds. and pushing or pulling up to 100 pounds on wheels.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/ GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort mayvary from site to site and in some cases, be greater or lesser than documentedhere.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive totalcompensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance andShort Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K,and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and PersonalDays. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, pleaseclick "Apply.”
Title: Container / Utility Maintenance Backup non-CDL Container Delivery Driver
Requisition ID: 17008296