Waste Management Route Manager - Residential in Blaine, Minnesota
Who Are We?
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
WM is seeking a Route Manager for our Residential business to oversee the collection operations in Blaine, MN. This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of 19 drivers, including organizing, directing and controlling the activities to ensure safe and timely collection of materials consistent with the local business plan and customer contractual requirements.
- Organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish daily activities; coordinates daily operational needs with Maintenance team; plans, distributes, monitors and follows-up on daily route assignments to ensure customers are serviced per company standards and contractual agreements.
- Sets and monitors productivity, service and safety targets for each route and driver. Regularly reviews weekly demand/volume for routes, determines potential gains from re-routing and recommends re-routes to the routing specialist/Dispatch.
- Manages end-of-day check-in process, capturing and communicating key service, safety and equipment issues, ensuring communication to appropriate departments.
- Maintains a clean, safe work environment in compliance with Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental, Transportation and WSIB legislation, regulations and internal procedures.
- Meets all targets consistent with achieving Mission-2-Zero Safety goals for the site; demonstrates a strong involvement in all aspects of the site's daily safety.
- Establishes collaborative relations with union. Works with functional groups to resolve employee relations and labour relations issues. Providing effective leadership and coaching to employees.
- Ensures set-up errors and missed pickups are reported and resolved.
- Communicates and follows-up on sales opportunities, problems at customer site, DVIR repairs, container swaps and safety issues reported by drivers.
- Completes Daily Observational Assessments of Drivers; follow-up and re-training as necessary; conducts Root Cause Investigations for all injuries and incidents, ensuring consistent discipline and retraining.
- Visits customers and customer sites to evaluate and resolve safety issues, seeking service alternatives where appropriate.
- Conducts weekly safety meetings and daily Service Delivery Optimization (SDO) safety tailgate discussions. Documents and maintains records required by regulatory agencies such as the Ministry of Transportation.
What It Takes
- Supervisory experience within a transportation/logistics environment including responsibilities for Drivers assigned to the position. This includes responsibility for employee performance reviews and feedback, scheduling time off, employee grievances or complaints, pay changes and job responsibilities.
- Strong ability to manage employee/labor relation issues; progressive discipline processes.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated leadership skills; ability to coach, mentor and train employees.
- Strong problem solving skills and organizational skills
- Willing and able to work with others as part of a team to achieve common goals.
- Experience managing health & safety responsibilities and involvement with JHSC's
Education & Experience
- Education: Associates Degree or in lieu of Degree, High School/GED diploma 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience: Two years transportation operations, logistics or solid waste experience (in addition to education requirement).
- Class A or B Commercial Driver license (CDL) would be an asset, but is not required.
Why Waste Management
As North America’s largest residential recycler, Waste Management is driven by a commitment to excellence and leadership. We provide real opportunities for career growth while making a difference in the communities we serve.
If you are ready for a career opportunity with a company whose real goals, values and initiatives match yours – we invite you to visit us at www.wmcareers.com to learn even more about this and other opportunities with Waste Management.
What's In It For Me
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401k and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Sounds Good…What’s Next?
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Title: Route Manager - Residential
Requisition ID: 17011339