Waste Management Operations Assistant (Seasonal) - Class 5 Required in Alberta, Canada
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
This position is located at our Edmonton Hauling site 7940 25 St
Seasonal: ends October 31, 2017
Hours of work: 10 am to 6 pm, however subject to change
Starting Wage: $17.00/hour
I. Job Summary
Provides clerical and administrative support to Operations
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Respond to COE Field orders as required, including missed pick-up response
- Respond to and assist with Spill Incidents
- Assisting with materials collection duties as required
- Administrative Tasks with respect to improving Operations
- Assisting on all LOB as needed, example FL swamping, Portablesdeliveries
- Performs other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilitie
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School diploma or G.E.D (accredited)
- Experience: No previous experience required (in addition to education requirement)
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid Class 5 drivers' license.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, company pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Administrative Support
Title: Operations Assistant (Seasonal) - Class 5 Required
Requisition ID: 17011164