Waste Management Outside Sales Rep in Akron, Ohio
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Are you goal orientedand results driven?
Do you like to build relationships?
Are you looking for a stable, growing company?
If you answered yes to these questions – you are just the Outside SalesRepresentative we are looking for and your career starts here at WasteManagement!
In 2015, Waste Management was ranked # 26 inSelling Power magazine among the 50 best companies to sell for in the UnitedStates.
Over 75% of the reps wehire come from outside the industry and have diverse backgrounds inprospecting, negotiating and selling contract services. We are looking for morereps with a competitive drive, who can hunt and network to build a strongpipeline that ultimately leads to winning new business. When you sell at WasteManagement and hit your sales goals, you are rewarded with our lucrativecommission plan, recognition incentives and awards. Our best reps just returnedfrom a weeklong Circle of Excellence cruise in the Caribbean!
If you like what youhave heard so far, learn more about this exciting opportunity to join a winningteam below.
Generates revenueutilizing a consultative selling approach in the sale of Waste Managementservices to small and/or less complex commercial accounts in an assignedterritory/segment. Responsible for prospecting and closing toachieve sales revenue goal by developing and implementing sound sellingstrategies that ensure revenue growth by selling to new commercial customers only.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Establishes and maintains a high level ofcustomer satisfaction. Communicates to and works with the Outside SalesManager to resolve unique customer issues.
• Effectively manages prospects by developing sound marketing plans andmaintaining key information in the prospect database.
• Meets or exceeds sales call activity goals for new sales.
• Matches Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstratingknowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicatespricing and service strategies; proactively engages other Waste Managementbusiness opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
• Effectively uses Waste Management sales productivity software tools(i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
• Uses in depth industry and company knowledge, prepares complex proposalsand makes recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
• Proposes customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local,state and federal regulations.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualificationsnecessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of sales experience.
- Experience: 1 years of work experience (in addition to education requirement), in direct sales, cold calling, and phone based prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments.
Knowledge, Skills orAbilities Required
- Build Relationships
- Communicate With Impact
- Demonstrate Adaptability
- Demonstrate Integrity and Courage
- Demonstrate Professionalism
- Initiate Action
- Produce Results
- Think Strategically
- Focus On Customers
- Gain Commitment
- Influence and Negotiate
- Manage Work/Time
- Plan and Organize
- Use Ethical Practices
Listed below are keypoints regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities toperform the essential functions of the job.
This is a field-basedposition. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation andrecognition programs upon successful completion of sales orientation and/ortraining programs.
At Waste Management,each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation packageincluding Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short TermDisability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, andmore! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and PersonalDays. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Waste Management (WM), aFortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste andenvironmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to afoundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financialstrength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential,commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through anetwork of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recyclingfacilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one meansWM invests in our Sales teams’ success by providing access to state-of-the-artsystems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in thebusiness. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfactionto our clients throughout North America
If this sounds like theopportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Title: Outside Sales Rep
Requisition ID: 17017019